The current world trend is for more eco-friendly practices and the use of energy efficient appliances in our daily lives, and when you consider how many centuries man has taken the planet’s resources, without giving anything in return, it is about time we redressed this.
An eco-friendly citizen will look further ahead than just disposing of unwanted items, as they would also be concerned about how these things are disposed of, and by using the services of a scrap metal dealer, you can make a little extra money and your unused appliances or devices will be responsibly recycled at the same time.
What Can I Recycle?
Aside from your regular rubbish, which should be separated into different categories, there are items that can be sold to a reputable scrap metal dealer, which would include the following:
- Old Vehicles — Both the engine and body can be recycled and a scrap metal dealer would offer the going rate and also guarantee the vehicle will be responsibly recycled. If there are parts that can be reused, the car would be passed on to a car breaker, who would effectively remove anything that still has a use.
- Copper — Still a very sought after metal, copper is found in air conditioning units and also in certain cables, and if you have anything that you think might contain copper, give us a call at Martin Scrap Metal and we’ll be right over.
- Stainless Steel — There are many items that are made from stainless steel, such as kitchen units and items of furniture, and if you have a secluded area in your garden, you can store things that can be recycled until you have enough to call us in. We can even supply loan skips if you have the right amount of material, which certainly helps keep things tidy at home.
- Old Appliances — Washing machines, dryers and dishwashers all end up in a state of disrepair, as do ovens and fridges, and before you think about taking them to the local tip, call a scrap metal dealer, as it might be something you can sell.
- Car Batteries — These heavy items also have a lifespan and once it dies, there is no point in hanging onto it, and a scrap metal dealer would be able to recycle the battery in a way that does not harm the environment, and you would be rid of the unwanted battery and can use the space for something else.
A Regular Connection
Once you have made a connection with a reliable scrap metal dealer, they can come whenever you have sufficient materials, which might only be once a year, but even that will result in a cash payment and you will also know that your unwanted items are being responsibly recycled. It might be a while before to amass enough, but whenever that time comes, you simply make a call, and we will be there before you know it. Contact us anytime and we will do our best to accommodate you.